With sad hearts we announce the passing of Jean Graham of Invermay Saskatchewan. She passed away peacefully at the Invermay Lodge on Saturday February 27, 2021 at the age of 97 years, 9 months.
Jane Ogilby was born on SW 33-31-9 W2, north Sheho district, on May 26, 1923 to parents Hugh and Jane (Cahoon) Ogilby. She would go on to live her entire life within 10 miles of that “little shack”. She was named Jane, but was always called Jean, and was the youngest of siblings Tommy, Willie and Violet. She attended Newburn School, completing grade 5. It was a five-mile trek to school by horse, and when the older siblings finished their school days, Jean stayed home and took 2 more grades by correspondence. Her mother’s sudden passing when Jean was 14, was a loss that affected her keenly all her life. As a young lady, she made her choice to serve God, a choice that was an anchor to her all of her life.
On June 7, 1944, she married Robert (Bob) Graham, a farmer from Invermay. So began her busy years as a farm wife, and soon a mother of six… 4 daughters, 2 sons… Margaret, Myrtle, Linda, Verna (Chyvahn) Robbie and Reggie. She was the support person in all aspects of the farm, including the purebred cattle operation. She also had huge gardens, sometimes chickens and turkeys. She often said her time spent milking the cows was her rest period of the day! There was little time for travel, but over the years they did have trips to High Level, Alberta, Vancouver, British Columbia and back to Dad’s roots at Claremont, Ontario.
Son, Bob Jr. took over the farm when they moved to their new home in Invermay in 1980. When husband Bob passed in 1989. Jean’s family was her focus, and her home continued to be the Grand Central Station for many family gatherings. She then enjoyed gardening, reading, doing puzzles and playing Scrabble. She became a resident of Invermay Gateway Lodge in January 2019.
Jean is lovingly remembered by her children, 13 grandchildren, 20 great-grandchildren, and 3 great-great-grandchildren:
* Daughter Margaret (Bob) Holmes, Lorilie (Tyrone) Barteski, Lesley (Derek) Arbeau, Mark Barteski; Charlene (Darrell) Prouse, Brittany (Curtis) Ross and Clay, Buddy (Kendra) Prouse
* Daughter Myrtle (Leonard) Pilkey; Kevin (Monica) Pilkey, Keyla, Koen, Keanna and Kade; Colleen Pilkey (John Wassenaar), Carah (Nataliya) Schultz, Alyssa (Travis) Piecharka, Lucas and Bennett, Landon (Stephanie) Schultz; Conna (Scott) Jones and Jake; Jake (Chantel) Pilkey
* Daughter Linda (deceased) (Graham) Thomson, Monty Thomson, Rolly (Meghan) Thomson, Grady Thomson, Raina Thomson; Sherri Thomson; Shawna (Clayton) Sanborn, Victoria, Dillon and Shane
* Daughter Chyvahn (Verna) Chenaniah; Merlin Ford; Murray Ford; Lyndon (Kim) Ford, Denver, Mayla and Walker
* Son Robert (Bob Jr) (deceased)
* Son Reginald Graham, Holly Graham, Jeremy Cushion
She is also remembered by numerous step-grandchildren, step-great-grandchildren, several nieces and nephews and many friends.
She was predeceased by her husband Bob 1989, son Bob 1982, daughter Linda 2010; granddaughter Ramona Ford; parents Hugh and Jane Ogilby; in-laws John and Jane Graham; brothers Tommy Ogilby and Willie Ogilby; sister Violet Graham; granddaughter-in-law Marla Pilkey; brother-in-law George Graham; sister-in-law Anna Ogilby; sister-in-law Irene Ashdown.
A Private Funeral Service will be held at 2:00 p.m. on Thursday, March 4, 2021 with live-streaming available at: www.facebook.com/events/1870283973121514
Arrangements in care of Mourning Glory Funeral Services (306) 978-5200.
To send flowers to the family or plant a tree in memory of Jean Graham, please visit our floral store.
Nos plus sincères sympathies à la famille et aux amis de Jean Graham February 27 2021..
Décès pour la Ville: Saskatoon, Province: Saskatchewan